When Jonathan Davis set out 'his stall' in early 2001, he asked himself the question: 'If I wanted a wealth adviser, what would I look for?':
- Agree fees with clients before acting on instructions - clients will then know what the service will cost before they instruct
- Be as highly qualified as a financial adviser can be. We are Chartered Financial Planners. Jonathan is likely the most highly qualified wealth adviser in the UK
- Act as an adviser, not a salesman
– Thus, act as fiduciary agent and true adviser to clients.
- Work with clients ongoing, for the long term, normally not transactionally
- Obtain the confidence of The Media.
- Aim to preserve client capital against inflation, first and foremost. Don't benchmark client portfolios against other wealth managers, stockbrokers, IFAs or the stock market. Instead, benchmark client portfolios against inflation.
- Meet clients where they want to meet
- Aim for first class professionalism, ethics and client care.
The stall remains. The above is still what we do now.
We are different to other financial advisers, wealth managers and stockbrokers.
IFAs and Wealth Advisers are all the same, aren't they?
But... IFAs, often, do not provide a one-stop shop wealth advice service to include, for example: Investing, Reducing Taxes, Estate Planning, Pensions, Later Life Finance, Long Term Cash Flow Analysis, Life and Income insurances etc.
98% of portfolios are invested in a 'Diversified Portfolio'. They tell you it will reduce risk. Really? Ask them how much their clients lost in March 2020.
We do not pretend there is no or little risk in investing. However, KNOWING THAT is half the battle.
Our Typical Client portfolio is up over 20%, net of all fees, in 2020 (1 January to 1 October 2020).
In the 2008 crash, our clients lost NIL%.
Have you often see yours in the media?
Jonathan Davis has the HIGHEST media profile of any Independent Wealth Adviser in the UK. See JD in Media.
What qualifications other advisers hold?
Jonathan Davis, Chartered Financial Planner BA MBA FCII FPFS EFP, is one of - if not - the most highly qualified financial advisers in the UK.
Brendan Bensley BA FPFS EFP, Senior Paraplanner, is a Chartered Financial Planner.
Are they style over substance?
Are they selling products or providing a service?
You seek an independent and impartial wealth adviser.
What are we best at?
We'll make your portfolio tax-efficient. We'll aim to grow your capital when markets rise (like we have been doing. See chart on Homepage). We'll help you over the long term - not just when you first instruct us.
Where do you meet prospective clients?
Historically, in our lovely offices in The City (see map for Token House on Contact page). Increasingly, also online.
We also meet prospective clients in offices in Herts, if you are based here.
Where do you meet established clients?
Wherever you want, within reason. Increasingly, online.