We advise you based on what we would do, were we in your shoes, given what we know.
When Jonathan Davis set out 'his stall' in early 2004, these were his answers to the question 'If I wanted a wealth manager, what would I be looking for?':
- Agree fees with clients before acting on instructions - they then know what the service will cost before they instruct
- Be as highly qualified as a financial adviser can be. We are Chartered Financial Planners.
- Act as an adviser, not a salesman
• Thus, act as fiduciary agent and true adviser to clients - not selling for exorbitant commissions
- Work with clients year in year out for the long term, not just have a transactional 'relationship'
- Obtain the confidence of The Media and contribute to their analyses and forecasts
- Preserve client capital, first and foremost. Don't benchmark client portfolios against other wealth managers, stockbrokers, IFAs or the stock market - if theirs go down so would our client funds. So, instead, benchmark our client portfolios against cash returns
- Meet prospective clients in offices in The City of London and Herts so making it easy for you to visit us • Once a client, for future meetings, we can visit you should you prefer
- Build also long term relationships with solicitors
- Aim for first class professionalism, ethics and client care
The stall remains. Everything he set out to do is what we do now.
In our view, these distinguish us from other financial advisers, wealth managers and stockbrokers.